Monday, November 12, 2007

The Begining

This is a tale of a mid-career Eve character who’s player decided it would be fun to go pirate. Here I plan to detail my exploits as a pirate, be it good, or bad. This is my story. I will be telling this story in character. Enjoy…

New Eden, a dark, lonely and dangerous place. Though, as a pod pilot I’ve died numerous time, the technology available to me allows my thoughts, my consciousness, my being to be transferred into a new body upon my death. Without the fear of death adventure is a drug that is very hard to resist.

I went to school to be a scientist. My parents were so proud to see me, young Marius Deterium go off to school to be a scientist. I graduated in the top ten percent of my class. I’m the product of generations of breeding and genetic engineering all to make me the best scientist possible. There is only one small problem. There is little danger and little excitement in the sciences.

I spent a few years trading and researching. I made some money. I worked for a company called The Gravitronic Steely Dan Corp. A strange name, but good fellows I had met in school. They took care of me. Later on they founded Black’s Reclamation and Fabrication. I spent some time working for the Black’s and local megacorps around The Forge and The Citadel. Much like science this life did not excite me. I heard the stories of riches beyond the empire. I set my sites on venturing to the frontier known as 0.0 space.

I got a job working for the Federation of Freedom Fighters. With a name like Federation of Freedom Fighters you'd believe that this is a group of liberty activists. But in fact, they were not fighting for freedom at all. They were enslaved. Enslaved to the menace that is the Band of Brothers. I quickly made an exit from FoFF and found a new crew, closer to home. This new crew was the Pure Alliance; the Viper Intel Squad was the corp. Friends, soldiers, professionals, all good, and proper. They are grand. They have a fleet as big as an empire and the heart to back it all up. I found fortune, I found skills. I found much in the Pure Alliance. I found everything except high adventure. I even found a wife, Gabrielle. My parents would be so offended if they knew of her. Gallente she is. Our most hated of enemies.

After creating a mountain of cash one billion interstellar kredits tall I bowed out of the Pure Alliance. I moved Gabi back to empire space with my friends the Blacks. I took my cash and I looked for a crew of rowdy pirates to join. The group I picked is known as The Hull Miners Union. Mining hulls, this is something I could get into. The Hull Miners are a small tight nit crew that are leading The Red Skull Alliance.

I’m settling in with the group now. I’ve even moved a battle cruiser to our home station in Syndicate. While brining it back I struck my first kill with them. Just a Thorax, a small cruiser, but it is a start.

http://www.red-skull.co.uk/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=1854

More excitement is sure to come.

No comments: