Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back up to Speed

It has been a long time since I have managed to write a log. This is no indication that things have not been exciting, they have. The Hull Miners have gone through some changes, and returned to normal. Many fights have been had, many wins and some losses. Let me get us all caught up.

Around the end of the year Mori and King decided they wanted to try joining a larger group. Having grown to enjoy my company they invited me to join. They chose Endless Destruction, a member of the Chaos Incarnate alliance. I was a bit wary at first, but decided it was worth a try. Very quickly (inside of a few days) we put together a large logistics effort and relocated ourselves to the other side of the galaxy. N-RAEL was our new home system.

Honestly my first impressions of the Endless Destruction crew were not very positive. They were somewhat childish and unorganized. Definitely not the caliber of pilots I had become accustomed to flying with The Hull Miners. They seemed to most enjoy camping at the gate in NRAEL and waiting for hapless targets to wander through. This turned into many nights of boredom and missing fast targets as they flew away quickly.

I didn’t turn many kills and even lost a Drake outside the station in Konora. Four battleships were plenty to break the mighty shields that a Drake brings to the battle. King also lost a brand new Raven in this fight.

http://endlessdestruction.net/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=545

The final straw with END dropped a day or two later as the so called pirates of END refused to engage juicy targets under the sentry guns in the low sec system of Konora. Mori was pretty upset with this turn of events and a day later we were packing our bags and heading back home.

My record with END was pretty sad. A lack of targets that weren’t shuttles, noobships or ceptors and the attitude of the END pilots kept the kills light. The Drake loss was a bummer.

http://endlessdestruction.net/killboard/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=39397

With the new year at hand I had a bit of a downtime. Went back to empire to celebrate and visit with my wife while I coordinated moving my things back to Syndicate.

The move back was pretty uneventful. The Red Skull alliance moved while we were gone to a deeper system in Syndicate with a little better real estate and a more strategic position. EF-F36 is our new home.

Upon our return some old friends decided to join The Hull Miners. Our good friend Mel, and his partner Dorxstar are now members of ONION. They have always flown with us, but now it’s official. Glad to have you guys aboard. Also two new faces to me have been seen. JRR… something, and LT Andrew. JRR is apparently a friend of Mel’s, but I have not seen him in Syndicate at all, as a matter of fact, Gabi saw him flying around in empire near the station she has been living is. Not sure what he is up to. LT Andrew has been brining ships to fights, although he had a bad string of losses here recently. I’d post a link but it doesn’t seem like he has posted his losses. I’ll have to look into why this is the case.

It’s nice to see some new faces, and I hope both of these guys are regular participants in the skullduggery that is life in The Hull Miners. We can always use another set of missiles, guns or whatever they choose to bring to the field.

After returning from holiday things are getting back to normal. Nightly fights and kills are again becoming the norm. We have had some really good fights, both wins and losses.

The Red Skull, King and Mori made some headlines recently. After our return to Syndicate some joker got all mad at us and posted about how he was going to bring it to us. Hilarity ensued:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=682557&page=1

The news networks got wind of the story and TRS made headlines. Both Mori and King were quoted:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=1728&tid=7&sid=18553640

Wish I had chimed in earlier as I might have made the news as well.

The largest personal development for me was that I finally finished my training program for Tech 2 cruisers. This is opening a whole new realm of fighting for me. I decided to shoot for the Onyx first. My skills in Gravametrics and flying interdictors is a good fit for this advanced interdictor. The warp disruption field generator is great for locking down targets. Focused on one ship, it is inescapable. Since brining it to the battle field it has felled 6 targets. Clutching them in its grasp while my friends and I hail down destruction. The Onyx has shields are it that are unbelievable. I have been focusing on some additional shield training to maximize the survivability of this awesome, but very ugly, ship.

The past few days have presented us with some tough fights. The docking game has become popular as we sit outside of gates and targets taunt us with undock, and redock tactics. We’ve taken some pretty brutal losses, but inflicted some good kills as well.

Take a look here at some of our recent activity.

http://www.eve-syndicate.com/kb/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=39413

Well, I think that is enough for today. Keep posted for new adventures and excitement.

No comments: